Golden route from Tokyo 6 days
Perfect Itinerary to extend your stay in Kyoto and Osaka
Following the path of the old Tokaido post road, Golden Route of Japan will take you from the hustle and bustle of Tokyo to Kyoto, the ancient capital and true heart of Japanese history and culture.
With a stop at the Hakone National Park, Mt Fuji and in riding the Bullet Train, Golden Route is the perfect introductory taste of Japan.
Starting date, 2013 – 18 ⁄ March, 25 ⁄ March, 3 ⁄ April.
Land only tour package USD 1,798 ⁄ EUR 1,277
Day 1 – Welcome to Tokyo, you are greeted by a tour guide who will escort you to the hotel.
Narita Excel hotel or similar
Day 2 – We have organized for a full day tour around metropolis as the first visiting area of the tour. Our first stop is the Tsukiji Fish Outer Market.
At Edo Tokyo Museum, you can get acquainted with the history of Tokyo.
Then you will stop by Akihabara where you can experience Japan's latest pop culture scene.
After the sightseeing and lunch at Asakusa, we will enjoy Sumida River Cruise.
We will continue our tour of Tokyo to Imperial Palace Plaza, At last, we will head to Ginza for our farewell dinner and final shopping.
Hotel – Tokyo prince hotel or similar.
Day 3 – We shall begin today's tour by visiting Japan's most iconic symbol, the sacred Fuji-san (Mt. Fuji).
After Mt.Fuji we will continue our journey to Hakone, where we will take a Lake Ashi Cruise, then to Owakudani.
At the late afternoon we will experience the "Bullet train" ride. Of course, the tour would not be complete without a long, relaxing soak in the Onsen hot spring that have rejuvenated the Japanese for many centuries.
Hamanako Royal hotel or similar.
Day 4 – After breakfast in the hotel,
we will visit the Iga Ninja Museum. The exhibition halls display ninja tools, gadgets, weapons as well as a demonstration zone with spectacular shows featuring ninja skills with real weapons.
We then proceed to Nara, where the highlight is the Giant Buddha, who has sat in his meditative state for over 1000 years at Todai-ji.
Then we will take a stroll through Deer Park where numerous deer roam freely. Thereafter, we proceed to Kyoto, the ancient capital for over a thousand years.
Tonight you are on your own for dinner.
Hotel – New Miyak hotel Kyoto or similar
Day 5 – For our final day, we will begin with a morning visit to the Golden Pavilion.
The popular expression "to jump off the stage at Kiyomizu" is the Japanese equivalent of the English expression "to take the plunge".
Thereafter, we will visit Ryoanji Temple, famous for its Zen Garden, ( Karesansui or Dry landscape rock garden ) which describes the spirit of Zen Buddhism meditation. After a Shabu Shabu ( table d'hote ) dinner.
we will visit Gion Geisha District.
Hotel – Nikko KAnsai airport hotel, New Miyako hotel or similar.
Day 6 -Your pleasant and memorable Japan Tour ends today.
Fly home with cherished memories or enjoy your extended stay in Japan or in Asian Cities.
- Accommodations, 4 nights Western & 1 night Japanese style Hotel
- 10 meals - Buffet Breakfast daily & variety of Japanese delicacies
- All ground transportation during tour
- All admission fees as listed on itinerary
- Gratuities & Local Taxes during tour (no-hidden charges)
- Round-trip airport transfers (except for early arrival & late departure)
- Seamless service of English speaking tour guide during tour
- Passports; visas and vaccinations; laundry; telephone; mini bar; alcohol; beverages and food not on the regular table menu (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel or restaurant); optional excursions; porterage at airports; travel protection insurance; excess baggage fees; all other items of a personal nature
- Single room supplements of USD 680
- Package prices are per person, based on double occupancy
(2 people sharing 1 room, ask for triple occupancy discount)
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice
- Cancellation penalties and other conditions or restrictions may apply
Land Only Tour Price Includes
Not Included in the Tour Price
Tour schedule may change without prior notice.