Go To Travel Packages For Other Areas
Do you want to get away from the city for a bit? Why not take advantage of the Go To Travel discount that gives you up to 50% off on your tour packages all around Japan by taking a trip to any area of Japan that you have always been curious about but haven’t yet been able to visit due to lack of time or financial constraints? There has never been a better time to plan a short getaway or longer trip within Japan’s borders than now. Take the opportunity while the campaign lasts, and while Japan’s popular destinations are still relatively calm.
Please note that this campaign is only available for residents of Japan. For an extensive overview of how the Go To Travel system works, please read this article.
Overnight Packages with Go To Travel
For the best prices, you can book your hotel(s) through us, including or excluding transportation. Rest assured that we do not charge you extra because of the Go To Travel discounts; we will only charge our regular prices minus the discount. Please contact us for booking your:
- Hotel stay only
- Hotel stay + an activity/activities that we can advise you about for each region
- Hotel stay + shinkansen ticket*
- Hotel stay + airplane ticket*
- Hotel stay + transportation + an activity/activities that we can advise you about for each region*
Because everyone’s budget is different, we can cater to any budget from traveling as cheaply as possible to luxury hotels and ryokan.
*if you book a package including transportation, please book at least 4 days ahead of your travel date to ensure you also receive the discount for the shinkansen and/or airplane. If you book less than 4 days ahead, the discount will only be applied to your accommodation fees.
Please note that the Go To Travel discount only applies to a maximum of 7 days of your trip. If you book a trip that lasts for more than 7 days, it is still possible to use the Go To Travel discount for the first 7 days but the rest of your stay will be charged at the regular price. The maximum discount (hotel/transportation/activity discount + vouchers) that you can get is 20.000 yen per day per person.
When inquiring, please give us the following information:
- Your intended travel dates
- The number of people you travel with (please also mention their age if anyone under 18 is traveling with you)
- Which city you want to go to
- How much you want to spend per night (post-discount) for the hotel
- Whether you will need transportation, and if so, from where you will be coming and whether you prefer taking the airplane or the shinkansen
- If you want to book a tour as well, please tell us what type of tour you are looking for
- Additional requests (if any)
Ideas For Your Getaway
Japan is so large and diverse that it is difficult to decide where to go if you hadn’t made your Japan bucket list yet. In case you haven’t decided yet where you would like to go, let us give you some tips:
- Okinawa is a great destination for those who love (subtropical) nature, active sports, and a laid-back atmosphere. Even in winter temperatures are mild, although snorkeling and diving would require a wetsuit. We especially recommend Ishigaki island and Iriomote. Check out our special package trip for Okinawa main island and Ishigaki island.
- Kyushu boasts a wealth of culture, nature, and exquisite cuisine. It is almost like traveling to another country while staying in Japan. It is a great place to travel around by rental car, but the shinkansen network is also good for those who want to keep their hands free. If you have some more time, you can also visit remote Yakushima for some wild nature. Here you can get some more inspiration if you are planning to go to Kyushu.
- The San’in region is still quite pristine and not very touristy, which makes it a perfect destination for those who are looking to go off the beaten track. You can read our articles about Tottori and Shimane to get an idea of what the area is like, and if you would decide to go here we are happy to give you individual tips for your itinerary.
- The Tohoku region is especially known for still recovering from the triple disaster that hit Japan in March, 2011, but there is so much more to this area. There are beautifully preserved old post towns, remote natural areas perfect for hiking, and a long hiking route that passes through recovering areas.
- You can walk (a part of) one of Japan’s two famous pilgrimage routes; the Kumano Kodo or the Shikoku Junrei. It can be very healing to make a spiritual trip through some of Japan’s most beautiful natural areas.
- Golden Route classics Takayama, Shirakawago, and Kanazawa are easy to combine in one multi-day trip. These towns are all popular tourist towns during normal times, so if you want to visit them it is definitely better to go now!
- Hokkaido is not only great for winter sports, but it is also a destination for foodies and nature lovers. Especially birders will have an amazing time in wintry Hokkaido, and their winter festivities are otherworldly beautiful. As festivities are still under consideration at the moment, you should check this website before you go if you want to see them.
- Any place with good onsen and ryokan. The ultimate way to relax in Japan during the colder months. We can advise you on where to go according to your budget and special requests.
Update: it is currently not possible to use the Go To Travel campaign for trips to Osaka or Sapporo. If the situation would change again, we will update our information. Thank you for understanding. (November 2020)
Your Japan Tour
As seasoned Japan experts, we can help you create your perfect Japan tour while making optimal use of the Go To Travel discount system. Contact us to start planning your unforgettable holiday to this fascinating country full of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, culture, history, nature, and delicious food!