Tickets For the Ghibli Museum
Studio Ghibli’s long animated films have a warm place in the hearts of many around the world. The movies transport you to a dream-like version of our world full of references to Japanese culture. Fans of the movies absolutely can’t travel to Tokyo without going to the wonderful Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, only 30 minutes away from most places in Tokyo.
Getting Tickets for the Ghibli Museum
It is, however, quite difficult to get tickets for this often sold-out museum if you don’t live in Japan because of the way the reservation system works. The museum only allows a certain maximum number of people at the same time for optimal visitor experiences so there is a limited number of tickets available to start with, and most of those are allocated for residents of Japan.
Tickets for a certain month go on sale on a specific date, and if you are not in Japan at that time and then stay until at least the next month, you won’t be able to buy any. The tickets that are sold to foreigners online by Lawson are very limited, and you will usually be too late to buy tickets if you can only go on specific dates.
Ghibli Ticket Price
The good news is that we can personally buy the tickets for you to guarantee your entrance to the Ghibli Museum during your stay in Japan. Several travel agents offer this option, and we offer the tickets for a better price than most other agents. Please see our prices below;
|>19 years||25 USD|
|13-18 years||18 USD|
|7-12 years||15 USD|
|4-6 years||5 USD|
How to Order Ghibli Museum Tickets
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include the following information:
- Full name of the main booker (exactly as written in your passport)
- A first choice and a second choice for your date and time of visit
- Age at the time of the visit for EVERY person in your party
- Your address in Japan (hotel/accommodation) if you want it sent to your hotel for an additional $8 shipping fee. If you pick up your tickets at our Tokyo office, there is no surcharge.
After receiving your information, we will inform you about the methods of payment.
Ghibli Tickets Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions before you order your tickets:
- All orders are final, non-changeable and non-refundable
- Payment is due by credit card or bank transfer on the 9th of the month before your visit to the museum.
- Please order your tickets before the 9th of the MONTH BEFORE you want to visit. For example, if you want to visit the museum on November 5th, you have to have your order placed before October 9th.
- Please make sure there are no mistakes in the spelling of your name and spell it the same way as it is written in your passport. Your passport will be checked at the entrance, so please bring your passport to the museum as well.
- You need to bring your physical ticket to the museum. Copies or screenshots etc. are not recognized.
- You can only use the ticket on your designated date and time.
Your Japan Tour
As seasoned Japan experts, we can help you create your perfect Japan tour and provide you with services like providing you with tickets for the Ghibli Museum. Contact us to start planning your unforgettable holiday to this fascinating country full of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, culture, history, nature, and delicious food!